I didn't think Spaghetti would take me seriously. I told him yesterday at 4:30 if he took the kids and ran away, I would clean all night... they were gone to his mom's house by 5:00...
So I cleaned. Alot. Now I am not at the moment into decluttering, since we are having a house full of guests on Sunday, I will be gone today, and Saturday at family events. So that leaves me tomorrow to clean.
I mean surface clean, like just make it look pretty, and yes this means the kids rooms too, since some people haven't seen them. So the loft is a freakin' zoo. I mean it was insane!
So I spent most of my energy there last night. And with 4.5 hours to work, I did good. I didn't file papers, I found a big basket and just dumped it there for another hot date of shredding and filing.
I also cleaned the front t.v. room, took out the big coffee table, most of Bagels toys, put in a HUGE new area rug (well new as in, it's from my parents old house, new to this house) I am excited about my rug! Spike can crawl, or whatever on the floor now (hardwood otherwise) and I put up the tree yesterday, lights too. No ornaments yet.
We had a cute family moment, it was right before Spaghetti left with the kids, it was dark out (yep 4:45 and pitch black out) Spaghetti was holding Bagel, and I had Spike. And I noticed how pretty the tree was all lite up at night time. So the 4 of us stood around admiring the tree. Awww. A family moment...
ok back to the cleaning story. So it's still bizarre around here. I need Spaghetti to help me move the monster coffee table (it's going under the pool table for now) and to move out the beloved office chair my big butt is planted in right here every day. But it's too big, and heavy and is jacking up my floors (yes even with the heavy plastic floor mat) so my dad, Carrots, gave me his old chair for his desk.
Oh and that is a funny story, I traded my mom two tables for an office chair and an area rug. Either way it's lookin' good around here. I am trying not to just shove shit everywhere, I am trying to clean up.
Hope I can get it all done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I wish my husband would take my daughter away for awhile so I could get stuff done. He rocks!
Few things make me feel happier than a clean house. I seriously start to go crazy and can't function when it gets too out-of-control around here.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I'm lucky if my man even lifts a finger to help or his feet for me to vacuum.
That's so awesome of your husband to do that.
Post a Comment